Our Spring Season practices are located at the Sports Garden at 1850 E. Beltline Road, Coppell 75019. We are building a new facility called
The Strand. It will be the premier beach volleyball facility in the country! We have been working on it for years and it will be completed this Spring. It will be located at 150 Continental Drive, Lewisville 75067. We will be moving there sometime in late Spring.
Program Duration: This program will begin on February 12 and run through May 10... a little longer than a regular summer season
Practices: Our practice times will depend on the age group.
12U and 14U will practice on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00-6:30
16U and 18U will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30
Our NATIONAL TEAM will practice on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 5:00-6:30
If you have a conflict on one of these days, just email us about it. We may be able to work around it.
Tournaments: Our schedule will consist of some tournaments in Atlanta, Alabama, Florida, and California. We will take our National Team to San Diego to play in a pro-am with some AVP professionals. We will also be playing in a tournament in Gulf Shores that is run in conjunction with the NCAA Collegiate Beach Championship. We are always looking for new opportunities for our spring season, so there are some exciting new things added to our schedule this year.
Partners: You will NOT need a partner for this program. Some of the tournaments we host in the spring are "Queen of the Beach" format, which means you participate as an individual. We will train all the girls as individuals and then help them pair up for the out of town tournaments.
Cost: The cost is $910 for the regular season. Players from previous seasons who keep their backpack, ball, and 2016 lululemon top can receive a $110 credit, making the cost $800.
Tryouts: Our Tryouts for 2017 Spring Season are on February 12 from 4:00-7:30. There is a $50 registration fee (early registration) for Spring and Summer. Registration opens in January. Tryouts for our NATIONAL TEAM are on Thursday, February 23 and Tuesday, February 28 from 4:30-7:00. There is no tryout fee for our TEAMs tryout. We only have ONE tryout each year for our National Team and it is in the Spring.
We have a limited amount of spots for Spring Season, but the last two years we haven't needed to cut anyone. We were able to allow everyone to participate, but we may have to cut some players this year depending on our numbers. We won't know until the tryouts. We hope to be able to accommodate everyone that wants to play. We will never cut 12U players as long as they can overhand serve over the net.
NATIONAL TEAM and TRAINING TEAM: We have two elite groups of players within our program that we call our "National Team" and "Training Team". Tryouts for our TEAMs are on Thursday, February 23 from 4:30-7:00 and Tuesday, February 28 from 4:30-7:00. We only have ONE tryout each year for our TEAMS. Potential players must attend both tryouts. We will select three groups on Feb 23, National Team players, Training Team players, and a third group of Training Team players that will play off for the remaining 3-5 National Team spots. Players that do not win the play-in will be on our Training Team for 2017.
The National Team and Training Team each consist of 20-24 girls and the tryout is open to any high school age freshman (or older) currently participating in our spring season.
- Girls who make our TEAMs commit to playing in the Spring AND Summer sessions. We only host ONE tryout each year.
- There are 6 mandatory tournaments for the National Team in June and July. These events are labeled in dark red on our summer schedule
- Partners for players on the National Team are chosen in June by the 692 coaching staff (with input from the players). Our goal is to prepare our National Team for playing beach volleyball in college and this helps prepare them for how college programs function. We allow the players to choose their own partners during the spring season (although we encourage them to try out certain matchups). We assign partners in June for June-July.
- There is an additional fee of $2100 for girls selected to the National Team and $2000 for the Training Team. This fee covers the Summer club fees, the additional practice day for Spring and Summer, the additional equipment that the TEAM's girls receive, and a $400 deposit for the National Camp in July (the balance of the National Camp is tentatively $300-$400 and it is due on June 1). This fee can be made in three payments due February 12/March 12/April 12.
- We attend several events that have limited space available, such as the Pro-Am in the spring and our Nationals Camp in the summer, and these invitations are available only to the players on the TEAMs. Not all National Team players get to attend the Pro-Am, but all get to compete for the available spaces. All TEAMs players attand our Nationals Camp in July. We also get BVCA bids for our National Team players and give any remaining bids to our Training Team.